Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

How To Recover Minimized SmartSDR Window?

Options
Ian Snow
Ian Snow Member ✭✭
edited January 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I recently updated to SmartSDR V 2.6.1.  The app opens with a single Panafall and Slice Receiver (A) filling the screen.  The normally right-side pane with the TX-P/CW-PHNE-RX-EQ windows is missing.  After a thorough search of the documentation and experimentation I have failed to discover how to maximize this oabe.

My next step was to reinstall V 2.5.  I discovered in the top right corner a small box containing an arrow pointing to the top-right corner and the label "minimize".  I clicked it and the TX-P/CW-PHNE-RX-EQ windows disappeared.  Again, after a full day of searching the documentation and on-screen selections I failed to find how to restore the missing pane.

I then reverted to Ver 2.4.5(?)  Like 2.5 the opp opened with the Panafall and TX-P/CW-PHNE-RX-EQ windows visible.  Again I clicked the small top-right minimize 'button' and as expected the TX-P/CW-PHNE-RX-EQ windows closed and the Panafall expanded to occupy the whole screen.  However, after reducing the size of the Panafall screen low and behold there was the TX-P/CW-PHNE-RX-EQ window hiding behind it.  In the top-right corner was the "Pop in/out" button but this time the arrow pointed downward and clicking it restored the PanaFall with the TX-P/CW-PHNE-RX-EQ windows displayed .alongside.  Voila -- or so I thought.

Reinstalling Ver 2.6.1 for the n-th time it opened with only the PanaFall screen displayed, as expected.  I minimized that screen BUT no TX-P/CW-PHNE-RX-EQ windows behind it.

Can someone tell me how to restore the missing TX-P/CW-PHNE-RX-EQ windows?  Is this problem somehow influenced by the new "running change" Profile feature?  HELP

Levono T400 computer with Win 7 Home Premium, and
HP Desktop with Win 7 Professional SP1
Flex 6600

Ian VA3QT

Comments

• John - AI4FR
    John - AI4FR Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Options
    I just tried to recreate your issue. Sure enough it disappears. I saw no way to bring it back by clicking on the same location that took it away(top right). But I also noticed that it does not go away entirely. What happens is that it is changed into its own window and on my Win 7 machine I had a tab at the bottom of the screen that I could click on to bring it back.

Edit to add: By a tab at the bottom I mean that instead of having the usual 3(SSDR, CAT, DAX) I have 4. The forth being your missing segment.
  • Ian Snow
    Ian Snow Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Thank-you John.  I had expected that there would be a hidden window behind the SDR icon on the task bar but not so.  The fact you got a fourth icon is even better.  I'll give it another day or two and if no one responds with the solution I'll bump the problem upstairs.  Thanks again.

Ian VA3QT
  • John - AI4FR
    John - AI4FR Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Your very welcome Ian. If the above is happening to you, you may wish to do a search for how to either hide tabs in windows or how to find them. Maybe, just maybe your system is hiding it from you. Either way, good luck with it.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.