Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex 6000 and midi controllers

7nql
7nql Member ✭✭
edited December 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
Five years ago William Hemmingsen wrote a piece of software which hooked into the Flex SmartSDR API. The thread can be found here https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/flex-6000-with-midi-controller

The controller in question, the Behringer CMD Micro has been discontinued. The nearest Behringer equivalent which is widely available is the Behringer CMD Studio 2A.

Any one used the 2A? Any other compatible alternatives?

Thanks

Answers

• K5CG
    K5CG Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    The 2A has so many buttons, it seems like a step backward. The Numark DJ2GO2 looks very much like the original CMD Studio. I wonder if we couldn't get Carl N4PY to add that as a device in his Pegasus.
  • 7nql
    7nql Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    yes, I've been looking around,
       - Icon i-DJ mini USB
       - Hercules Compact DJ Control
       - Numark DJ2GO2
    could be suitable candidates as well as the CMD Studio 2A, as long as we can modify the software to suit

• 7nql
    7nql Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    No one else pursued this idea?
    Are you all using the Maestro, Flex controller or just the mouse?
  • K5CG
    K5CG Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    I'm using a mouse and a CMD Micro with app mentioned in the original post and also N4PY's Pegasus. None of them work exactly the way I want, so it depends on what I am doing that determines which one I use. No Maestro.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.