Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6400 internal tuner monitor?

Options
Ron DePas
Ron DePas Member
edited October 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Is there a way to view the progress and final SWR ratio of the internal tuner on the 6400? I was able to monitor this function on the old Flex 3000. I am finding that I have to run the auto tune function 3-4 time to get the best SWR. Previously I was able to set the acceptable ration in a menu on the 3000.This is happening on all bands with different antennas.  

Answers

• VE7ATJ_Don
    VE7ATJ_Don Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Hi Ron... you don't say which version of the software you are on, but a number of us have noted the need for 'multiple presses of the ATU button' to get a proper match on the latest version of the software (2.6.1 or the equivalent 3.x).  It wasn't this way in version 2.4.9.  We think it's a bug, but it's difficult to nail down in any specific way.

As far as viewing the 'progress' of the ATU's endeavours, I'm not aware of any way to do this in SmartSDR.  The 3000 would have been running PowerSDR if I remember correctly, and they are two very different platforms.  PowerSDR is supported by a 3rd party ham, not affiliated with Flex.

Don
  • Ron DePas
    Ron DePas Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Thanks Don. Running 3.1.7 currently. Good to know it is likely a bug. Totally understand the old 3K software was a different animal. Just really liked being able to see progress of the tuner and ability to have a say in what was acceptable. Many thanks again for the quick ping back!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.