Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

What did you sat?

Who will need to downgrade?

Does this effect users with license in place?

I am running the latest version 3, I have a version 3 license in the radio. Does this message require any action from me to continue with SmartLink today, tomorrow and next week?

Answers

• Mike Steiner, K7QDX
    edited October 2019
    To me it sounds like you will need to go back to go forward again.   So there will be an extra step and download once they figure it out or do the license update. So instead of 5 minutes to do an upgrade it will take 7 minutes. 
  • KF4HR
    KF4HR Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    What did you sat?  What message are you referring to?
  • Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    I believe what Tim is saying is if you attempt to upgrade before the new security policy updated version is available it will not be licensed, then you will need to revert back to the previous version to continue using your radio.
  • Lyndy Brannen
    Lyndy Brannen Member
    edited October 2019
    Sorry for the missing reference
    The message from Tim about license  server issues.
    There was no reply opportunity on that message.
  • KF4HR
    KF4HR Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Never mind.  I just received the message from Flex.  I understand Lyndy's confusion.

I'm guessing its safe to assume those already running v3.1.7 are fine, and a soon-to-be released software security upgrade is on the way.
  • AC9S
    AC9S Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Tim's statement is confusing.  If I have 3.1.7 already installed and running do I have to revert?

Keith - AC9S
  • Pat N6PAT
    Pat N6PAT Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    I have 2.6.0. Do I need to first go back to 2.5.1 before upgrading? The message is a bit confusing.

• Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited October 2019
    The problem only affected those trying to pull new licenses down from our license server.  If you are already licensed, this is not going to affect you.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.