Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

No output using microphone

Options
CharlieW
CharlieW Member ✭✭
edited September 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I have set the mic profile to 'default PR781' but it seems that when I key the microphone it will key the 6400 put there is no output.  If I go into the Mic Profiles and change it to 'default' then the 6400 will produce output.  I can then change the Mic profile back to 'default PR781' and it works fine.  Why would I have to change the Mic profile back and forth like that?

Answers

• Mack
    Mack Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Options
    You need to select the correct microphone input. For example R-Bal for radio balanced. This setting is found under transmit settings. Re-save the PR781 profile once you have the correct mic input set. 73, Mack W4AX Alpha Team
  • CharlieW
    CharlieW Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Mack, thanks for the reply.  I am using a Maestro with my 6400.  The PR781 is connected to the back of the 6400.  I looked at the Transmit section on the Maestro and I do not see where to change the microphone input.

• Mack
    Mack Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Press the right most knob that says speed/power. That will bring up the transmit settings. On the lower left you’ll see the mic input selection. Mack
  • CharlieW
    CharlieW Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Options
    I don't know what I am doing wrong but when I go into the transmit settings on the Maestro it shows the mic input selection as M-Mic1.  If I turn off the radio and power it back up the mic keys the radio put there is no output. I then have to go into Menu on the Maestro, Profiles, MIC and load Default then change back to Default PR781.  I never had this issue before upgrading to the latest version.  As long as I do not power down the radio the mic will produce output. 
  • Mack
    Mack Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Are you saving the profile as I stated in my previous post after you make the change to the correct microphone input? Save the transmit global profiles as well.
  • CharlieW
    CharlieW Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Yes I am saving the profile and I even created a new global profile after I made the Default PR781 mic profile the default.  When I turn off the radio and turn off the power supply then turn everything back on and key the mic there is no output.  I have to go back into the mic profile change it from PR781 to Default then it will produce output.  

As a test I changed the mic profile to Default then turned everything off.  When everything was turned back on I had no problem if the mic profile is set to Default.  For some reason setting the mic profile to Default PR781 produces no output when the radio and power supply is turned off.  I guess I have no choice but to use the Default problem unless I was to set the mic profile to PR781 everytime I turn on the radio.
  • Mack
    Mack Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Options
    I’ll run this test tomorrow and if it is a bug I will be sure it gets in the system. If I see something that is a configuration button I will let you know. I had to shut down tonight for thunderstorms in the area.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.