Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Setting up a Flex-6300 vs other competitors (TS-990/IC-7800/FT-5000)

Steve K9ZW
Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
This weekend I helped George W9EVT setup four radios, three because their settings had been lost due to children in his shack and the Flex because the Maestro had been fiddled but more because it needed an upgrade to 3.1.7

I've written more about the experience at https://k9zw.wordpress.com/2019/09/22/setting-up-a-ts-990-yaesu-ft-5000-a-icom-ic-7800-and-a-flex-6000-back-to-back/

In summary the Flex, including upgrade was a dawdle.  No problems and after the Maestro knobs were returned to presumed normal settings it took a few shakedown QSOs to get everything tweaked.  The Kenwood was the biggest chore to sort back out, an features the worst index in it manual that I've seen in long long time.

Kudos to FRS for making their setup process so slick.

Steve
K9ZW

Blog:  http://k9zw.wordpess.com

Comments

• Santiago Mejia HI8O
    Santiago Mejia HI8O Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    I hear you.

Prior to getting my 6300, I was using (still have) an Icom 7300, which was not that hard to set up after viewing some videos and reading a few posts and I have a Yaesu 897 (testing it for my brother's field day box) and it has been a headache to set up (specially for FT8). From the 3, the 6300 have been the easiest to set up and find my way around it.

Before all that, I had an Icom 7000, which to be honest I didn't fully understood. 

Santiago
    HI8SMX

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.