Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Band/Sub-Band/Mode memory?

Options
Renner PY7RP
Renner PY7RP Member
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
I am a new user on a Flex6500 and just can not find a way to SSDR store the usual band/sub-band/modes. Everytime i change band to a determinated frequency i ALWAYS get to change manually to the correct mode for the sub-band range. Is not the SSDR capable of storing the modes by sub-band ranges?

Answers

• Steve Sterling
    Steve Sterling Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Not specifically. It does not know what mode you may want to use in the sub-band during a band change. When you change bands, it uses the last frequency and mode settings you were using when you last left that band. It is call Persistence and is described in detail in the software manual.

There is something others operators do to record band-subband-mode settings. They use the MEMORY function which records virtually every setting at the time you save it. There are unlimited memories, with grouping, and you name each for easy selection. For example, If you want to group memories by band, you would create a memory item for each mode-subband combination with frequency centered in the middle of sub-band. Then when you bring up the Memory window, you would see them grouped by band (160, 80,40, 30, 20, ...) and then the individual memory items (160 SSB, 160 CW, 160 RTTY, 160 SloScan then 80 SSB, 80 CW, 80 RTTY, etc).

If that doesn't work, many people are using a 3rd party helper software that runs in it's own window on a computer called FRStack (Google will find it). It really has the options and appears to be a great tool. I just installed it a few days ago and it looks very helpful.

73 Steve WA7DUH
  • Renner PY7RP
    Renner PY7RP Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Hello Steve, thanks for all that information. I came from a FT-2000 on which when had 3 stacks per band on which you can selecting (for example) 20m once then goes to 20m/SSB, then hitting again 20m then goes to 20m/CW and once more than goes to 20m/FT8 - sure, they are all "last used" stacks/band/mode.

On SSDR, if you click once, twice or three times on 20m for example, it does not do anything. It has not this called "stacked band/mode" options. This is very handy (at least to me).

I gonna try these two options you said... grouping by memory... and using FRStack as utilitay program (i really dont like to use to many secondary programs... i have a 29" ultrawide monitor and i am already getting too many windows in my screen...

I am still on my first steps on Flex/SSDR so i am very patiently trying to solve all this situations. The good part is that Flex keeps updating their software so maybe in future they can make these small modifications.

73 Renner PY7RP
  • Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Renner, I would learn how to use profiles in SSDR. They are very well explained in the manual. Once you master that part of SSDR it will be just a matter of selecting the correct profile. Once u select the profile it will setup your radio automatically, much better than band stacking.

If you really want band stacking use w3ii's FRStack which is another superb app.

Enjoy
    de W1GLV, Bob

• Ken Wells
    Ken Wells Community Manager admin
    edited September 2019
    Options
    I would agree regarding FRStack.  It would probably be the closest to traditional band-stacking registers.   

Memories are also very powerful tools that can be grouped, sorted, and recalled in abundant ways.

Global Profiles are also extremely powerful and remember panadapters, slices, and much more.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.