Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Blue Tooth Hearing AIDS

KL4QG
KL4QG Member ✭✭
Is there a program for 6400M that would send the volume to my BlueTeeth Hearing AIDS So I can here SSB directly in my Hearing AIDS

Answers

• KL4QG
    KL4QG Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Any help please
  • KL4QG
    KL4QG Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Dam not going work with my Radio Sport Headset with Mic Dam My Speaker are pricey and not Bluetooth A-shame Flex not blue tooth as lots older hams use Hearing Aid that have Bluetooth Thanks for help
  • KL4QG
    KL4QG Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    I would have use a Studio Mic and send Bluetooth with

Different Bluetooth Speakers - that would send audio to my Bluetooth

Hearing Aids .
  • KL4QG
    KL4QG Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Any other help be great
  • Dudley  WA5QPZ
    Dudley WA5QPZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Joe,

You are asking about hearing audio to hearing aids,   I picked up a little Bluetooth adapter that just plugged into the headphone jack.   Worked to my BT headphones but should work FB with most BT hearing aids,  but you will need to check ,  it was about $20 as I remember,  but would not work for mic input..  If you need that ,  Heil makes a two way BT adapter,  much more dollar$   ..

Dudley
    WA5QPZ
  • KL4QG
    KL4QG Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Yes audio to Bluetooth Hearing aids Thanks for input
  • Lasse SM5GLC
    Lasse SM5GLC Member ✭✭✭

Resurrecting an old topic with some good news!

As I am getting old eough to require hearing aids, I recently upgraded to bluetooth enabled units. These do work nicely with my Iphone but have been not so good with my ham hobby, and I usually was "unplugging" and used a pair of headphones and the flex equalizer. But I the found there were an audio streamer that wouuld connect an analog audio stream to my hearing aids using BLE i.e. Bluetooth Low Energy. This is a variant of Bluetooth, and appears not to be straight compatible (as some chip-sets have both Bluetooth and BLE, we may see the ability to connect to computers and other streaming devices in the future if only the required drives are available). It seems all modern hearing aids uses BLE only! This means a standard Bluetooth streamer will not connect to your hearing aids.

With this audio streamer (for my devices I use the "Resound TV Streamer 2". you need a compatible streamer for your sepcific hearing aid, ask at the place you got your hearing aids) and a small remote control (also on Bluetooth) my hearing aids acts like an in-ear headphones, and I can even dash out to the kitchen to get a coffee refill and still have the audio! I was a bit afraid that the T/R-switching would cause a bothersome thump, or the RF would disrupt the Bluetooth, but it seems not to be! Currently I have the streamer plugged into the "speaker out" on my 6500, but it has been tested on my Maestro too.

Icing on the cake is that if my mobile phone calls, it will automatically swith into the audio stream. Plus I can ajust how I want to blend the external audio vs. the streamed audio. I'm happy I can continue to enjoy my hobby and not have to revert to FT8. 🙃

The streamer is not cheap, but I was lucky to find a used one on flea-bay dirt cheap. And after that I even found out I was entitled to a free streamer through our health care, but I save that for later.

• Rick N4RZ
    Rick N4RZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2020

Lasse is correct. I have Phonak Audeo Marvel hearing aids and am using their TV Connector plugged into the headphone jack on the back of my 6600M. It works very well. If you use a generic Bluetooth transmitter with most Bluetooth hearing aids the result will be excessive latency. I bought my TV Connector new on Amazon for less than half of what my hearing aid vendor was asking. Even then it was still not cheap!

• KL4QG
    KL4QG Member ✭✭

I have profound hearing lost I will see if Phonak audeo marvel can be made strong enough,,,

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.