Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Genius PGXL SWL Protect Error

Options
John - K3MA
John - K3MA Member ✭✭
edited September 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
Just trying to see if any others have seen this error on their PGXL?

Over the past three months of little use on the PGXL I have found this error three times.  I have not narrowed down a chain of events that might help troubleshoot the error.  I have not been onsite when the error has occurred.

I suspect it is related to a reboot of the PGXL following an electrical brownout/spike or disruption.

The antenna that PGXL is connected to does not have a high swr and this is a false SWR Protect error.  Upon manual power cycle it goes away.

Answers

• Warren-K6WKW
    Warren-K6WKW Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    John, I also operate my PGXL remotely, but I can and do power it down remotely when not in use. I have not seen the symptom. I believe the results posted are Power-On-Self-Test results, not status from any earlier event(s). Since yours and mine both power on/off OK, I'd have to suggest you check with Flex for info regarding HOW the status can be posted, is it only POST or can be be detected and latched while operating live. I note that no band data is being displayed. Is that because your Flex is off or is the lack of band data another symptom? -- Warren - K6WKW
  • John - K3MA
    John - K3MA Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Options
    I suspect the lack of band data is because the POST never completed successfully.  In all cases the Flex was on and the network was working.

I have also brought this to the attention of the rep at Flex.  While waiting for his response I was hoping other might have seen the same and be able to provide some information about their events that I could then use to develop some test in order to determine the cause and provide Flex with more information.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.