Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Ports issue. remote computer

I installed SMARTSDR 3.0.27 and i can use 6600M on TX and RX. 

When i try to set up N1MM+ i can not see ports available.   Any solution ?

I installed and unistalled several times, restart several times and no way. 

Answers

• Mack
    Mack Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Juan,

I see you have many unrecognized devices. Also check that you don’t have port conflicts.

I have confirmed with Eltima senior technical support that Windows DOES NOT correctly show the port numbers in use. To see the Eltima port numbers you must use the Eltima application which can be downloaded from their website.

You may need to clear up your serial ports as described here: https://helpdesk.flexradio.com/hc/en-...

Once you clean things up on your machine things should then work properly.

Mack
    W4AX
    Alpha Team
  • Juan EA8RM (aka EF8R)
    edited September 2019
    i tried several times but no way :(   

It works on my laptop W10 but not on PC W10 

??
  • Mack
    Mack Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    I recommend you either ask a friend who is very computer savvy to help or open a help desk ticket with flexradio.
  • Mark Erbaugh
    Mark Erbaugh Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    I've spent several hours messing with SmartCAT and at least have it working on my computer. I'm running SmartSDR v2.5.1.

The Eltima drivers are from some other virtual serial port solution. Are you using another virtual serial port solution, such as VSP Manager? I have found that sometimes different virtual serial port drivers work well together. If the suggestions below don't help, you may want to uninstall your other virtual serial port solution.

The FabulaTech entries are Flex Virtual Serial Ports that have lost their drivers so the computer doesn't know what to do with them.

If you haven't already, uninstall SmartSDR. 

Reboot

In the folder: C:Program FilesFlexRadio Systems, there should be a Flex VSP folder. In that folder is an installer: FlexVSPInstaller_64.msi.Right click on that and select install.

Reboot. This should convert the FabulaTech devices to Flex Virtual Serial ports.

In Device Manager, make sure to enable View Hidden Devices. Then right click the Flex Serial Port devices and select uninstall, but DO NOT check remove device driver. Repeat this for each one.

Reboot

Right click on FlexVSPInstaller_64.msi and select uninstall. 

Reboot.

Your virtual serial ports should be gone, either as Flex Virtual Serial ports or FabulaTech devices.

If so, try reinstalling SSDR and SmartCAT.

If the devices didn't go away, or if SmartCAT is still flaky (in my case, SmartCAT worked, but I had a pair of Virtual Serial ports in Device manager that didn't show up in SmartCAT).

This involves messing with the registry, so be careful. Don't do it if you don't really understand what is going on. I take no responsibility if you trash your Windows install. Proceed with caution!

Under the registry key 

ComputerHKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetServices

locate and delete entries:  Ftvspenum, Ftvspksrv, Ftvsport. This is to remove the Virtual Serial Port Kit service, which the Flex uninstallers don't uninstall.

Reboot

In device manger, under System Devices you may see the FabulaTech Virtual Serial Port Bus with an error. Go ahead and delete this device.

In Windows explorer, turn on view hidden files and navigate to 

C:Users<User name>AppDataRoamingFlexRadio Systems

Delete the CAT.settings, DAX.settings and SSDR.settings files.

Repeat this for any other users set up on the PC

At this point, hopefully all traces of the Flex VSP are gone.

Try reinstalling SSDR.  When I did this, SSDR and SmartDAX worked, but SmartCAT did not.  I had to install and uninstall FlexVSPInstaller_64.msi again.

These instructions may be convoluted, but it seemed to work for me. Hopefully, this will give you some ideas.

Mark, N8ME

• Juan EA8RM (aka EF8R)
    edited September 2019
    Hello Mark.   

i follow your instructions, and no way, ONLY with the last step works(deleting the CAT.settings, DAX.settings and SSDR.settings files).  Now it is ok and working properly with N1MM on remote. 

Many thanks for your help. 
    73 Best regards. 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.