Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Smart SDR Version 3 No Audio on Startup

Brad Adams (N4PYI)
Brad Adams (N4PYI) Member ✭✭
edited August 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I am running a Flex 6300 with a Maestro A Model. Had been running Smart SDR version 2.4.9 for a long time with virtually no issues. I have always with version 2.4.9 and previous versions used my Maestro for digital modes and SSB primarily and the software on the PC for CW as a rule. I would always power off the Maestro and shut down the radio, leaving CAT and DAX running on the PC. After upgrading about a week or so ago to version 3, I am seeing that at times (more often than not) I start up the radio and the Maestro. The radio comes up on the last mode it was left on and works normally. Upon switching to a different profile, I lose TX & RX audio completely. Switching to different profiles changes nothing, but a restart of the radio does and it returns to the profile it started up on and works normally. Again, switching to a different profile kills the audio. What I *think* I have discovered is that, closing DAX and restarting it restores the audio. I am seeing some strange behavior since the upgrade that I never saw previously. Anyone else experienced this or have any insight? I really like the ability to run Smart SDR and the Maestro simultaneously, but it seems there are some bugs floating around in there somewhere.

Brad, N4PYI

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.