Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Maestro - How do you cancel a Function Key?

Options
Steven WA8Y
Steven WA8Y Member ✭✭
edited February 2020 in Maestro
I press the wrong Function key (sending cw).  I accidentally made it send more instead of stopping.  I eventually taped the Menu and I think that is what stopped the sending.
What is the correct way to stop a Function Key from send the CW message?

Answers

• K1UO Larry
    K1UO Larry Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Hammer the keyboard Esc key.    That should do the trick Steven.

Regards
    Lar  K1UO
  • Duane_AC5AA
    Duane_AC5AA Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Don't think that helps when the Maestro button has been pushed since SSDR is most likely not running.  I don't know the answer, but would like to!
  • K1UO Larry
    K1UO Larry Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Ah...  you must mean the Maestro function keys set up for cw macros.   I was indeed thinking of CWX in.SSDR.     I remember doing the same thing occasionally when trying to use the Maestro cw macros but never did find an "Esc" from those.
  • Sherman Banks
    Sherman Banks Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Options
    I don't have my buttons set up for CW memories but try tapping one of the iambic paddles while the message is sending.
  • N0EG
    N0EG Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Options
    is there a consensus that there is no way to stop sending cw if you initiate via a function key? 
  • Duane_AC5AA
    Duane_AC5AA Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Options
    I haven't tried that yet, but suspect if the key is connected to the Flex, not the Maestro, it may not help.  (This is how I'm configured.)  I plan to check it out, however.
  • Duane_AC5AA
    Duane_AC5AA Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Doesn't stop the F-key sending tapping the key plugged into the 6600.  Haven't tried it plugged into the Maestro.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.