Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Just Once

Richard Zalewski
Richard Zalewski Member ✭✭
Just once I would like to turn on the 6600M and have everything working as it did the day before.  Today I can not get JTDX to receive.  Transmit is ok.  DAX settings to the best of my knowledge as they were yesterday when it was working.

Comments

• Richard Zalewski
    edited August 2019
    Getting worse.  Gave up on FT8 for the moment.  Now when I start DAX the radio keys on and off continuously.
  • Robert Lonn
    Robert Lonn Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Do you shut down the DC power to the radio when you turn it off at night??? Contrary to what Flex might tell all of us, 1 in 4 times I power up my 6600M after I shut down the DC power to all my base station equipment, it fails to boot up correctly. So I need to go into the menu, pretend I am going to load a new version of software, then just load the 2.**** version and all is good. I have been thinking of using a 12 volt FLOAT voltage on the radio in Parallel with my DC power supply... Use some Protection Diodes so it isolates the two supplies but always keeps 12 volts to the radio 6600M... As you all know when powering down the PS the Flex power light will Flash Red! Same thing when power is applied but not turned on...  Robert
  • Richard Zalewski
    edited August 2019
    If I get this box to work again will consider leaving it on forever.  If I turn off VOX it stops keying but not hearing any audio in SSB keying with the MOX and monitor all the way up.  

• Richard Zalewski
    edited August 2019
    FYI does that same in SDR.  Reinstalled DAX no change.
  • bahillen
    bahillen Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Create a help desk ticket. Support will look into your shutdown process as well as configuration. When you figure it out write a followup here for others. Powering down with only power supply may not be a good idea if you are doing that. 73 Bill
  • Richard Zalewski
    edited August 2019
    Thanks Bill will do.  I power down on radio first and then the PS.  Hope to hear from Flex.
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited June 2020
    Rich, What version software? Have you created profiles? What 3rd party software besides WSJT-X? How is WSJT-X configured to key radio? IP or com port? CAT PTT or PTT Com port? Dave wo2x
  • Richard Zalewski
    edited August 2019
    None....problem exists with no other software running

• Mark NS9N
    Mark NS9N Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    I am considering a backup 12v supply as well as the Flex is very similar to a server and most likely will be much happier powered on all the time. Boot up time will also be zero. But I have learned that I always power down the Flex first and let it completely shut down before I shut off the 12V supply. Since doing this I have not had any issues at reboot. I even do this using the rear panel connector when running remote. Worth a try!
  • Richard Zalewski
    edited August 2019
    No problem with that....I always power down Flex and then the supply.
  • Richard Zalewski
    edited August 2019
    FIXED!  Latest MS update scrambled sound settings.  Thanks for help from support everything working again.  Understand there will be a fix coming soon to keep this from happening again.
  • bahillen
    bahillen Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Thanks for updating the community. Bill
  • jay con
    jay con Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    im ready to pack my 6400m up and send it back im done with it never starts up right always pulling power and same stuff do whats right take this paper weight back and refund me my money im done with it
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    How has your communication with the help deck gone? you must have a ticket open? If your radio is not starting correctly all the time, there must be a root cause of it. It should always start correctly.
  • Ted  VE3TRQ
    Ted VE3TRQ Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    The only time my 6600M does not boot all the way up to the GUI and waterfall is when I do something silly, like tx into an extremely high SWR, or into an antenna switch on the wrong setting, and cause the radio to crash. That said, I leave the 6600 on 24/7, much of the time either monitoring WSPR or JS8.

If you really have the issues you mention, with nothing done to provoke it, a call (or a submission) to the help desk will almost always sort things out!
  • jay con
    jay con Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    to be honest i been thru the help desk yes there wonderful and helpful but to unplug and reset on a daily basis its just not what i expected from this radio...its boxed and im just gonna sell it and move on from flex.....
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    That's to bad,  that problem is your problem and is not wide spread. this problem means something is wrong with the radio. It seems you have it in your head to move to something else anyways. And does Flex know your still having startup problems? How can you sell the radio that is not working properly?
  • Robert Lonn
    Robert Lonn Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Jay, it is OK to move away from any radio you dont like or have issues with.. Once I understood the correct process for shutting down my 6600M and then my DC Power Supply, all my issues went away, no issues for the last 2 months, thanks to Tim and Flex..

The ham radio world is full of simple devices that are not controlled by Software. I would NOT go after another SDR radio, they all have issues of some sort... When I come into my shack, I have several choices on what radio I want to turn on, depending on what I want to do at that moment..

I think I now own something like 46 Portable short wave radios... But the radio that gives me Instantaneous pleasure is my NRD 515 radio! Just flip the switch and away you go followed by my Drake R-8B receiver.. Yes these are only receivers, but the world is full of many different radios that are not SDR...

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    I wanted Jay to explore what could be wrong. It sounds like Jay has not communicated with Flex as he should have. If his radio is not starting correctly most the time, I'm sure Flex would see that it does.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.