Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Audacity or Similar to check audio spectrum

Paul 2e0ymt
Paul 2e0ymt Member
edited December 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Recently acquired Flex 6400 and im delighted with it, tnx flexradio!. I have an INRAD desk microphone plugged into the rear din socket and are using the internal EQ to tailor my audio. I have save a few profiles which sound good but I would like to plot the spectrum to see if I can further improve it, more scientifically :)

I wonder if anyone has done it and would be kind enough to help me with steps in Smartsdr V3.

Thanks, Paul 2e0ymt

Answers

• Steven WA8Y
    Steven WA8Y Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    You can see the spectrum in the panafall while transmitting. Also, you can hear what you sound like over the air if you make a recording while transmitting (playback).
  • Rick - W5FCX
    Rick - W5FCX Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    I use Audacity. More details on audio setup: https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/usb-headset-solution
  • Paul 2e0ymt
    Paul 2e0ymt Member
    edited August 2019
    Thank you Steven - Yeah that is exactly what I have been doing to tailor the audio but it would be great to see the spectrum plot of a recording.
  • Paul 2e0ymt
    Paul 2e0ymt Member
    edited December 2019
    Hi Rick and thanks for the links. I am using SSDR to process my audio 100% with the MIC plugged into the rear of the 6400. I have audacity installed but im unsure of settings TBH. I have audio coming into audacity DAX MIC Audio but I can tell its RAW and not the EQ's version...any ideas please.

TIA Paul
  • Paul 2e0ymt
    Paul 2e0ymt Member
    edited December 2019
    Just to recap - I am not using the PC to process my audio. I am using SSDR V3 witrh the microphone plugged in the rear of my 6400.

I have tried all I can but there must be a way using the DAX to pipe the audio into audacity as a MIC input. I can manage to pipe the receiver into the audacity program but nothing when I TX.

Can somebody help me out pls.

73 Paul
  • Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Steve

See this video using FDX to set up a mic.   Then set up Audacity to monitor the audio output of the Rx slice.  Alan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzT1qDKKySk&t=2s
  • Paul 2e0ymt
    Paul 2e0ymt Member
    edited September 2019
    Alan !

Excited to try this when I get home from work today, I believe that method is exactly what I need......BIG thanks.

73 Paul

• Paul 2e0ymt
    Paul 2e0ymt Member
    edited September 2019
    Works just great Alan. Thank you for taking the time, appreciate it!

73 Paul 2e0ymt

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.