Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Mac Based SDR GUI

K3SF
K3SF Member ✭✭✭
Mac Based SSDR GUI by K3TZR 

https://github.com/DougPA/xSDR6000

i have tried Doug's  Mac based GUI for Flex 6000 series radio

I have used my flex 6600m with ssdr v2.4.9 with mac mini i5 (2012) running macos Mojave.
Dougs xSDR6000 Version 2.4.9 version well with this setup.

i have had four slices running off my 6600m with four instance of wsjtx going...on two monitors...really nice...
and
using xdax/xcat
and
loopback v2 for audio routing

I have tried it with mac mini running macos High Sierra but is crashes.
best guess is graphic module for high sierra

i have not tried it with ssdr v2.5 or v3.x....that will be for another day.

my kudos to Doug K3TZR

Paul K3SF

Comments

• Michael N3LI
    Michael N3LI Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Woot!
  • [Deleted User]
    edited April 2020
    I like that interface. I wish Dogpark SDR would update his interface. I find it very confusing to use it.
  • K3SF
    K3SF Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    if you try it and like it drop Doug an email and let him know good and not so good and any other aspects...

his email is on github....

i too like what i am 'seeing' and would like to encourage him ...

Paul K3SF
  • Doug - K3TZR
    Doug - K3TZR Member
    edited August 2019
    All, I’m very appreciative of all the positive comments here but please understand my app(s) are a “hobby” effort and are not fully functional. SmartSDR and it’s underlying API (FlexLib) are amazing pieces of software with multiple man-years (decades?) of effort invested in them. I’m making a best effort to provide an open-source equivalent for all of the geeks like me who enjoy tinkering in software. It’s helpful to have others test the software and I welcome comments, good and bad. I try to address issues but as an army-of-one I can’t commit to speedy resolution. Right now my apps are in transition, with the introduction of the V3 API, I have some work to do and some regression has occurred. Stay tuned, it can only get better. 73’s Doug

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.