Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

FLEX-6400M does not always boot to SmartSDR on the Maestro display.

Options
W9EN
W9EN Member ✭✭
I have a new FLEX-6400M running SW Version 3.0.27.60.  After leaving the unit off (GPSDO in standby) for a few days, when i turn it back on it will sometimes take as many as 3 power off/on cycles before it finally boots it all the way through to SmartSDR on the Maestro.  It appears to stop at two distinct points during boot and just stay there (waited for hours).

In the first scenario it appears to be booted to Windows and then stops.  In the second scenario it will display FLEX-6400M in large letters across the center of the screen and then stop.  In the the third scenario it will make it past the first two points, show "Loading ..." and finally display the SmartSDR program on the Maestro.

Are there Windows updates occurring that I'm stopping in the middle perhaps?  Anyone else experiencing this behavior?

Thanks,
John - W9EN

Answers

• Michael Greene
    Michael Greene Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    John did you ever get the boot problem resolved? I have a 6400M that is also doing the same thing. Just wondering if you got this solved and what the fix was

Thanks
    Mike KD9MO
  • W9EN
    W9EN Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Hi Mike,

No, never did identify root cause.  Also, if I turned the radio on every day, I never saw the issue.  I will pay closer attention now that I've upgraded to 3.1.11.

John W9EN
  • Michael Greene
    Michael Greene Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Im having the very same problem. I only turn the radio on maybe once or twice a week. I keep the power supply turned off until I want to use the radio. When I do turn the radio a couple times a day it seems tp boot fine. I did submitt a tick and got a reply to turn the power supply on about 2 to 4 minuets before turning on the radio. Something about letting the Maestro boot before turning on the radio. I havent tried this yet. 
    Mike KD9MO
  • W9EN
    W9EN Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Options
    That might explain why I haven't seen the issue in a while.  I changed out my power supply for a deep cycle marine battery with a trickle charger.  Since I have the GPSDO, the unit needs a little power all the time to keep the GPS locked.  It's amazing how low the noise floor gets running off the battery vs a power supply.  Even my Alinco DM-33OMV supply adds 1 S-unit to the noise floor over the battery (20 meters in particular).

John W9EN

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.