Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

RadioSport Headset

KL4QG
KL4QG Member ✭✭
Electret Condenser Mic, Communications Range, Adj Question I have is when I receive mic Friday . I’ll load profile for wide range and DX -on profiles Do I enable the EQ??? Do I need to adjust the mic gain on 6400B Joe What difference on receiving station hearing the wide Range and DX modes Thanks Joe

Answers

• Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Almost any mic will need some tweaking of the TX EQ, as well as adjustment of TX filter hi and low cut, PROC, mic levels, and DEXP in order to match your individual voice, operating style, and purpose. (Rag Chewing, DXing, Contesting, Weak signal work, ESSB, etc)

I would recommend that you begin making a Rag Chew Profile, starting with the default profile for that mic, then make the desired adjustments, and save it with another name. Then begin another profile, named for DXing, and modify it and save it.

If you need some instructions, please see my Facebook tutorials on microphone audio at Www.YouTube.com/NM9P

One of them takes you through a tour of various kinds of profiles..

Another shows you how to create a new profile from scratch for a new mic.

They are a little dated, referring to Transmit Profiles rather than Mic Profiles, because back then they were one and the same.

Good luck.

Ken - NM9P
  • KL4QG
    KL4QG Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Thank everyone very helpful here
  • KL4QG
    KL4QG Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    RS Headset be here Friday I’ll load profiles on 6400B for RadioSport start there

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.