Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

The Left/Right Sliders for audio are reversed. Reported 6 years ago. Appears not yet fixed.

Dennis Terry W4SG
Dennis Terry W4SG Member ✭✭
edited April 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I am experiencing the reversal of the Left/Right sliders for the audio.  It shows up either using the front jack of my 6300 or the PCAudio facility using SSDR 2.51.

In searching I see it was reported 6 years ago and acknowledged as a problem an on the list to be fixed.  Am I doing something wrong or is it still waiting to be fixed?

I hope I am doing something wrong.

73 W4SG

Answers

• FISHULA X
    FISHULA X Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
     If your using speakers or head phones  just reverse them, Problem solved.
  • Craig Williams
    Craig Williams Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Stereo SSB? My left and right work correctly on v2.56.1 and my 6400 on a PC.
  • Dennis Terry W4SG
    edited July 2019
    I have two slices running. One is meant to be in the left ear, one in right ear. When I move slice 1 to right side left ear gets louder and vice versa. I might have headset on wrong but doubt it.
  • FISHULA X
    FISHULA X Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
     I had the same issue with my earbuds and I just swapped them. Good luck 2 You.
  • Dennis Terry W4SG
    edited April 2020
    That is probably what I need to do.  Thanks to all.  I feel like a dummy. ;-)

73, W4SG
  • Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    @Dennis W4SG - your experience with L/R orientation does bring up a sensible suggestion.  

Could SmartSDR include a setting to reorientate the audio streams to what to user would seem L/R or with selection R/L?

Going a step further could that setting be discrete for each of the audio out paths?  That way you could make sure your speaker and your headset/boomset (in your usual orientation) match.

Steve
    K9ZW

Blog:  http://k9zw.wordpress.com 

• FISHULA X
    FISHULA X Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Don't.... We all have been there. Only some of us admit it...
  • k0eoo
    k0eoo Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    I don't know Dennis, I have stereo speakers setup with my 6500 and when I move the balance control to the left the audio comes out of the left speaker and so on....  I'm running AudioEngine2 speakers connected as shipped...

Dennis, k0eoo

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.