Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Wireless Remote Switching

[Deleted User]
edited June 2020 in New Ideas
Just setting up another remote switch - very cheap and very easy to do, so I thought I would share the information

I am using these and they proved to be really useful and reliable.

Manufactured by Sonoff - this is the 4 way device out of their range of products.

https://sonoff.itead.cc/en/products/sonoff/sonoff-4ch-pro

Sells around £20  $25

1   Operate from your phone/Ipad/Android remote device
2   Has 4 X 10A change over relays
3   Powered from DC or line voltage
4   Operation can be individual or interlocked
5   WiFi into your home network
6   Custom label the functions on remote device

Setup time - a few minutes !

I use to remote my 6400 

I power up the 12V supply - remote switch on the transceiver - remote ON the antenna isolation - remote change over 1 of 2 antennas

Just add more devices if you need more switches

If you need remote switches - and cheap - give them a try

Available from all the usual online sources.

73 Phil G4UDU

Comments

• Mark NS9N
    Mark NS9N Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Hi Phil, do you know if the connection to the controller uses a secure access like VPN? I built my own remote switch using a PI as this was the most secure way to access my controller using Real VPN as the link. But this unit is so much simpler.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited July 2019
    Sonoff using the EWE Link app is part of the "IT Lead" company based in China.

The app is I would think is using a connection path via their servers.

Personally I have 2 internet access setups - one high speed for my computers etc and the other a minimum cost ADSL account that is used to hang any "Odd Stuff" onto - I found that is an easy way.

If we have an IT Network expert who can check out the company they may want to comment ........

Phil G4UDU

• Mike - K6QY
    Mike - K6QY Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Another source is Robot Electronics (UK), https://robot-electronics.co.uk/products.html?p=2. They make internet-controllable units with 4, 8, and 24 relays.
  • Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Too expensive.
  • Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Phil, ordered two from Amazon. What's the name of the app for iPhone?
  • Robert Lonn
    Robert Lonn Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    The APP is eWeLink.,, I dont use it, I was checking these out after Phil talked about them...
  • Mike - K6QY
    Mike - K6QY Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Non Chinese. Backdoors, anyone?
  • [Deleted User]
    edited July 2019
    EWeLink is the App for iPhone/Ipad
  • Wayne W5GIE
    Wayne W5GIE Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Thanks for the info.  I use an Amazon smart switch and contacts from a 115V relay to remotely switch on/off the FLEX.

However, one of my main antennas in the small lot I have is a Hi Q screwdriver antenna on a large  aluminum patio over.  I need the ability to remotely hit an up/down 12 volt signal to tune the antenna.  This might be adaptable to do that job!

Wayne W5GIE

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.