Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

2-4 second delay using Maestro RTTY

Rick N0VT
Rick N0VT Member ✭✭
edited November 2019 in Maestro
Flex 6600 + Maestro running version 3.0.27.  Network is a 5 port ethernet switch connecting the 6600, Maestro, PC and internet.  Using N1MM for yesterday's NAQP RTTY. 

I thought I had everything ready to go for the contest and at go time I hit the F1 (call cq) key on the PC and nothing happened.  Then about 2 seconds later, the radio goes into transmit and sends the audio.  Subsequent tries yield similar results with a key-to-transmit delay from 2-4 seconds.

After checking and rechecking profiles, I finally shut the Maestro off and switched to SSDR.  It performed flawlessly with no delay at all.

To satisfy my curiosity, I went back to the Maestro and the delay came back with it. so I finished the contest with the Maestro off.

This has never happened with other soundcard software (WSJT-X), but since N1MM works with SSDR I don't believe N1MM settings can be at fault. 

Any suggestions?

Rick WR0H

Comments

• Rick N0VT
    Rick N0VT Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Instead of deleting the above, I'm going to append this note.  This morning, RTTY with Maestro works perfectly.  No settings have been changed so it must be a network issue of some kind.  I know my xyl was streaming SiriusXM on her PC for a while yesterday via wifi, maybe that was the issue.  I don't know why it would affect Maestro and not SSDR, though....
  • John - AI4FR
    John - AI4FR Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Thanks for the follow up.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.