Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Maestro battery and CHOPPY audio

N8AUM
N8AUM Member ✭✭
edited July 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
I just swapped the battery while sitting outside with my Maestro for the past 4hrs and with a freshly charged battery the audio became very "choppy" after swapping. i did not restart Maestro but went to WIFI settings and restarted that way and it's ok again. I got about 4hrs out of the larger battery before it started to get low when I did the swap. Was I wrong by not shutting down ? Running latest ver of SSDR when this happened.
TNX in advance for any help or thoughts!
73 N8AUM  Vidas

Comments

• Steven WA8Y
    Steven WA8Y Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    The Maestro's internal battery is there for hot swapping. My experience, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Maybe our internal battery lacked a full charge and that explains it. Or maybe we interfered with the wifi signal while swapping batteries.
  • David-N5PSM
    David-N5PSM Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Did you check to see that rate and FPS are still turned down in "display" ?
  • N8AUM
    N8AUM Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Its almost brand new but after a month it got bricked while doing an upgrade so it got sent back to mommy about a month ago to get re imaged and one of the encoders got bent during shipment which mommy fixed, THANK YOU FLEX !!! Anyways, I keep it plugged in even when its not on to keep the internal batt charged. From what I understand the internal batt should last couple minutes? took me about 15 seconds to swap the batt and it from what I remember the Maestro was working  fine until it switched to the freshly charged external batt. and thats when the audio became "choppy" 
  • N8AUM
    N8AUM Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    I usually run the the FPS set at about half way

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.