Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

wsjt stopped working after win 10 update on 6400

DonE
DonE Member ✭✭
edited December 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
wsjt worked fine before win update last night now the receive signal does not appear to get to wsjt in the green slider to left of wsjt page and have nothing on wsjt water fall. have checked all my setting they weem to be ok.

Answers

• Dennis Terry W4SG
    Dennis Terry W4SG Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Do a search on "DAX Devices after update"  Windows updates mess up the DAX Device names.  You can fix it yourself or start a ticket and have Tim or someone fix it in a few minutes.

73 W4SG Dennis
  • DonE
    DonE Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Dennis got a lot of duplicates in dax devices how do I correct and also how do i make a ticket?
  • Pat N6PAT
    Pat N6PAT Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    I've seen many, many posts reporting this problem with Windows updates. It must generate a lot of help tickets.

Why doesn't Flex put together a routine to remove and reinstall the Dax drivers after a windows update as an option within SSDR 

I know there's a procedure written down to manually do it but because it's happening so many times you'd think there would be a simple function to do the necessary fix without involving the help desk.

• Ted  VE3TRQ
    Ted VE3TRQ Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    The problem is the Windows update adds registry entries that the original installer did not create. That means the uninstaller will leave DAX-related cruft in the registry that it did not know to remove (because the installer did not put it there). You REALLY don’t want an uninstaller messing in the registry with things it was not responsible for - that’s a recipe for worse problems. Better to deal with this kind of problem with the best AI available - a knowledgeable human :-)
  • Pat N6PAT
    Pat N6PAT Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Flex has a written procedure to manually uninstall and reinstall Dax drivers without messing up the registry. It works. I've used it before. Why can't that same procedure be made into a simple user  function?

Is the plan to have endless help tickets for every update?
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Rather than screwing around with complex uninstalls and HelpDesk Tickets , the optimal solution is to create signed DAX drivers that are impervious to the vagaries of W10 updates. This is NOT a simple task as the driver designer has to anticipate many variable that updates will introduce. However it is possible as many signed drivers now survive most updates.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.