Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex 6400- XLR too DB connector back of radio

Kevin J. DarrahKevin J. Darrah Member ✭✭
Done some searching and I haven't really found the answer I was looking for. I understand the DB connector on the back of the radio is unbalanced for line audio input. Pin 1 is your positive, then you have a variety of pins all going to chassis ground.

What is the work-around so i can run some balanced pro-audio gear into it? I saw this in Amazon and didn't know if I could get it to work, I would be happy at this point even plugging it into the 1/8' jack in the interim. 

I've read everything from Balanced, to Un-Balanced, to the Flex 6400 being Pseudo-wired at the 1/8' connector. 

I just want a solution that is going to work without any audio issues or hum....

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FC4YR58/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The schematic for the link  is provided in the picture. 

Thanks for any input. 

Answers

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.