Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

WinKeyer - QUARTest

Options
Mauro HB9FBG
Mauro HB9FBG Member ✭✭
edited February 2020 in Third-Party Software
Sorry
... someone uses WinKeyer with QUARTest (it's a contest program similar to N1MM but much lighter and easier) everything works (in practice it is configured as N1MM) but I don't hear the tone in transmission and this is not very pleasant. Maybe you tell me if this problem is also in N1MM and if it is not how to activate the monitor on WinKeyer? I am a novice and every help is well accepted. Thanks in advance.

73 Mauro HB9FBG
6400/Maestro/SDR3.0.27

Answers

• Mark Erbaugh
    Mark Erbaugh Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Are you listening to the audio directly from the radio, or are you listening to remote audio? I don’t think the CW sidetone is available on the remote audio. I key my 6700 with physical a WinKeyer connected to the ACC port an I hear the sidetone in powered speakers connected to the speaker jack on the back of the radio.
  • Mauro HB9FBG
    Mauro HB9FBG Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Thanks Mark,
    I tried and it works. No, I don't work remotely but from my radio station. My configuration did not include the use of radio or SDR but only of Maestro. Now I will invent some wiring and I will pair the headphones that go to Maestro with the audio output of the radio so I can hear what I transmit (and then I also like to pass greetings or good luck in the contest).
    I think that FleRadio can reason on this inconvenience
    Taking advantage of this post, which I imagine will be read by FlexRadio, to point out a couple of points that I believe could be considered for improvement.
    1) the one above
    2) use DM780 to better center the reception to my 600Hz. It is a pity that I do not decode (that does not feel) what I transmit. With the previous radio I was training for the transmission (without TX) and DM780 saw what I was transmitting. Every now and then, without TX, I play with the Vibroplex Bugs to learn now I don't know if it's possible.
    Thanks if you consider these things.

I am still very happy with my choice even though I am of the opinion that FlexRadio Ham still has things to do or to simplify.
    Good day
    Mauro HB9FBG
  • Mauro HB9FBG
    Mauro HB9FBG Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Maybe someone will happen to read this question. I did as suggested by Mark and connected a cable to the 6400 which in parallel connects to Maestro and with a female jack gives me the output where I connected my Heil Pro7 audio headset. It is not an orthodox solution but a solution ... I hope FlexRadio thinks about this thing.
    Good radio
    Mauro HB9FBG

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.