Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

green light in flex radio

Options
Mike-N1VE
Mike-N1VE Member ✭✭
When the Flex 6400 is turned off but connected to 12-volts, if I look just right, along the side of the radio, I can see a small green light inside.  Can anyone tell me what the light indicates and if it is best to turn off the power supply when not using the radio.

Answers

• Mauro HB9FBG
    Mauro HB9FBG Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Options
    The answer also affects me. I also noticed the light but I turn off the power ... am I wrong?
  • Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited July 2019
    Options
    There are several LEDs on the board as indicators for diagnosis.  It is fine to leave the radio powered down with a supply attached.
  • Mike-N1VE
    Mike-N1VE Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Options
    My question was about leaving the power supply on.  Since when the power supply is attached to the radio and when the radio is off, the light(s) continue to glow.  Is there a longevity problem for the radio when leaving the power supply running when the radio is not running?
  • Eric-KE5DTO
    edited July 2019
    Options
    I clarified my previous post, but there shouldn't be a problem leaving the radio powered off while the supply is connected (and powered).  Note that there are several schools of thought with regard to whether you should turn your radio/supply off when you aren't using it.  Similar to the same discussion about whether to power down your computer.  The good news is that your radio (and your computer) should be fine either way.
  • Mike-N1VE
    Mike-N1VE Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Eric, thank you for your answer to my question.  Is a fan or are there fans operating whenever the radio is turned on?  If so, I would be reluctant to leave it running unless in use, because I wouldn't want to draw dust into the radio cabinet.
  • Eric-KE5DTO
    edited July 2019
    Options
    There is indeed a fan that is on when the radio is on.
  • Patrick
    Patrick Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Question: Does the radio’s master references clock (non GPSDO) remain on with radio powered down? This is usually the main reason to keep a radio powered on.
  • Eric-KE5DTO
    edited July 2019
    Options
    No.  Those clocks are powered down when in standby.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.