Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Band change doesn't work from front panel....6600M

Wayne W5GIE
Wayne W5GIE Member ✭✭
I'm having trouble operating the 6600M from the front panel.  The radio works fine via the SSDR program.  However from the front panel (with SSDR closed) there are two strange conditions.  Frequently when selecting 40 meters, the frequency bar doesn't change and there is no slice active.  Turning on a slice takes you back to the previously selected band.

I can select 40 meters only by recalling a memory.

The S and B buttons on the display aren't working on any band.

None of these conditions occur using SSDR, which probably indicates the famous operator error condition.

Suggestions?

Answers

• Neal_K3NC
    Neal_K3NC Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Hi Wayne

I suspect you have some corruption in the band data remembered by your radio. You should create a helpdesk ticket and let support talk you thru fixing this!
  • Wayne W5GIE
    Wayne W5GIE Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    I escaped the situation by deleting the profile that the radio was operating in.  I had been using the waterfall to display a wide frequency range while trying to cope with RFI from my neighbor's new solar panels.  Per the helpdesk, this condition may have accidentally been saved as a profile.

So, the exact cause wasn't definitely found, but it has gone away and I haven't been able to duplicate it.  As mentioned originally, I'm chalking it up to operator error.
  • John Orjias
    John Orjias Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    ok so i have been able to recreate this issue, but i'm not sure exactly how, but it happens when you start switching around a lot with the second panadapter, as you move your slices from one to the other it gets messed up. i now have no working 40 or 60 on slice 1 but they work fine on slice2, i do not want to reset it yet as i'm trying to figured out what the trigger is,   you will notice that it keeps your last setting for A on slice1 and A on slice 2 and also B on slice 1 and B on slice 2, if you mess with it enough you will start to see sometimes when you select a band it will show 1 freq then change to another its because for whatever reason its hitting the setting you had on slice 1 and then switching to the last slice2 setting, and if you keep screwing with it long enough at some point they band will just stop working on slice 1, but will always open on slice 2. they are sending me a new radio because they think its defective, i think its a bug, once i get the new radio i will see if i can still recreate the issue.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.