Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

What operating mode/emission is this

Options
N4AB
N4AB Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
I keep running across this Signal(???) that appears to pop up on a single frequency then evolve into multiple tones that spread across the spectrum. Just before the signal stops,image it starts to collapse back into the single frequency it started with. (but the signal stops before it gets back to the original frequency). Has this question been asked and does anyone know what the answer is?  

Answers

• Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Options
    It almost looks like a birdie from some piece of equipment nearby.
  • N8AUM
    N8AUM Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Options
    How much time between when it starts to when it stops and does it start over again? Slow down the display rate?
  • FISHULA X
    FISHULA X Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
     I get the same signals from my LED TV,. Although, you can't hear the signals, I can see them when I turn on the TV and goes away when it's off. This only happens once in a while depending on what channel the TV is on.. This is what it looks like to me on your waterfall.  Keeping in mind that the Flex is very sensitive to picking up any local signal traces that may be coming to your radio locally. Sometimes it's there for a while then disappears after a while. It could even be a Led light bulb. I also notice that if I click on the WNB it usually takes it away.  

• Cal  N3CAL
    Cal N3CAL Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Most likely a HVAC system electric motor turning on. 
  • Pat Hamp
    Pat Hamp Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Spread spectrum, based o n a modulated signal.

Pat
  • John - AI4FR
    John - AI4FR Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Cal beat me to it. That looks near identical to what I see when my HVAC turns on. Normally only seen on 15, 12, and 10m.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    That looks like the “fan” pattern generated by many variable speed motors on HVAC equipment. Or it could be generated by one of the new front load washing machines. I used to see it a lot on 160 Meters. I’m surprised you get it all the way up to 15 Meters! Perhaps my HVAC was a little older than some of the new ones....

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.