Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Feature Request: Separate large window for RIT/XIT

Eric Gruff
Eric Gruff Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in New Ideas
I use RIT all the time (and occasionally XIT) during contests. I've got the FlexControl set to adjust RIT using an upper button and it all works great. BUT (and there's always a "but"), I often find the SmartSDR indication of RIT has disappeared, perhaps because I'm playing with other settings, and I am not very proficient in noticing the dotted line on the panadapter that shows the RIT setting.

So, I'd like to ask for a separate small window that can display the current RIT (and XIT) settings at all times. I imagine it wouldn't be hard to program, and having it displayed at all times as a separate window would be awesome. Essentially, it would mimic the ability to see RIT at all times as I can on my other non-SDR radios .

Comments

• Dave Garber
    Dave Garber Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    I see rit/xit on the sdr display, just left of the dax option, below the meter.  is that not the same?

• FISHULA X
    FISHULA X Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
     Yea Eric. It would be nice to see the exact frequency when your on XIT or RIT.
     That would be a great idea. I have wondered why Smart SDR does not read out the freq when using XIT and RIT. Great idea.  Eric, is this what your talking about?  If so, YA got my vote... Flex ya hear us!...
  • Ken Hansen
    Ken Hansen Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Eric - is this what you are describing? The picture below is of the 'fine tune' control in the SSDR for iOS application.

I can imagine something similar, either indicating absolute frequency or offset frequency, and clearly labeled as either XIT or RIT.image Obviously, the control is comically over-sized since it is in my iPhone 5c display.
  • FISHULA X
    FISHULA X Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
     That is awesome. I am waiting for the  SSDR to work with Android. Someday I hope..
  • Eric Gruff
    Eric Gruff Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Ken - Yes, exactly, other than that I want the RIT displayed digitally (Like RIT: -0.05) I would prefer a separate mini-window that I could move around the screen (like the non-modal memories window in SmartSDR) even a bit more, but as long as this display stays up 100% of the time with RIT displayed, I'd be thrilled.
  • Eric Gruff
    Eric Gruff Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Dave - not exactly. If I go to change the AGC controls or DSP or mode or DAX, or I minimize the slice box, I no longer can see the RIT shift. On a non-SDR radio, there's a little display that reads -0.05 or +0.02 and can be seen at all times.

The reason it's important to me is that I'll often have the Flex control set to adjust RIT, and then forget and spin it. That leaves my TX frequency unchanged, but I'm now listening several kHz away. I then call a station I hear and no answer. I'm not saying that isn't operator error on my part, but having the RIT up on screen in a box would keep me from easily missing my own ****-up.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Another option would be to use SPLIT, which puts a second slice in the screen, and you can see graphically exactly where your second tuning (RX or TX) is going to be, including filter width, frequency, etc. Overkill in many situations, but nice for working DX splits.
  • Eric Gruff
    Eric Gruff Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Ken - that's a really good idea and one that I completely missed. I agree that basic RIT display would be simpler, but I may play around as I am very prone to forgetting my FlexControl is in RIT mode and going off to another frequency (or so I think).

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.