Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

license still required after upgrade

LB8IB
LB8IB Member
After making the payment  for upgrading to version 3.0.27 we still only see "License required" and "Buy" in the SSDR log on screen. It is now 1 hour since we upgraded.  The receipt is received and it has the correct radio id. The credit card is charged.  Tried to restart both radio and PC.  Slightly frustrated at the contest station and some quick help is needed on this issue.  Rgds Olaf, LB8IB@LA8W

Answers

• Bob N7ZO
    Bob N7ZO Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Olaf, LB8IB:  I have the same problem (from last night, about 12 hours ago) and submitted a help desk ticket.  Moments ago I received the following:

"Our license service is offline at the moment and our engineers are looking at the problem. ..."

Flex said they will notify me when the service is back online.  In the meanwhile, I am running 2.5.1.

• LB8IB
    LB8IB Member
    edited June 2019
    Thank you for clearing it up Bob,

Then we will downgrade and try again next time we are here

73 de Olaf
  • Abed - AB5ED
    Abed - AB5ED Inactive Employee
    edited June 2019
    Olaf,

It appears that your radio has been licensed properly for version 3.  It needs to be connected to the Internet once to complete the licensing process.  If possible, the easiest way to do this is to connect your radio a router or switch that has Internet access and then turn the radio on. 
  • Abed - AB5ED
    Abed - AB5ED Inactive Employee
    edited June 2019
    Bob,

Our engineers have looked at the issue.  Your radio has been properly licensed, and if it has Internet access, should be good to go the next time you start the radio.  Sorry for the inconvenience!  Let us know if the issue has been resolved.
  • Bob N7ZO
    Bob N7ZO Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Abed,

After another restart, the radio is now properly licensed for V3 and is successfully running 3.0.27.   Thank you for your quick response, especially since it is a weekend.

I will mark this as resolved on the help desk ticket.

73, Bob

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.