Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

I am in process of upgrading from flex 5000a to 6600m + Maestro. Need advice for rest of station cha

Matthew Charnecki
edited June 2020 in Maestro
Going to new Flex I have a question as to what will work with it. My antennas are a mix of dipoles in attic HMO limits. I did sneak a vertical that covers multibands into the landscaping. I have a Palstar HF-auto and the antennas are switched using in array solutions 2x6 and a rat pack. Thinking my AL80B needs to change to something that auto change bands. Looking at 1.3k-FA , ALS-1306 with ARI-1306, or a BK kit. Never had bad luck at MFJ. +

Answers

• Clay N9IO
    Clay N9IO Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Congrats on your upgrade Mathew! The SPE 1.3K-FA is s solid amp that would compliment your station nicely. I have decided to put my Acom 1000 up for sale and got on the list for a SPE 2K-FA. Love my Acom but looking forward to automating more of my station like you. Good luck with your decision.
  • WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Stay FAR away from the ALS-1306/1300, Save up your $ to buy a good amp that won't be in the shop 8 months out of 18 Months and about 2 months on a UPS truck going back and forth that I owned mine, I was dumb enough to buy the 1306 but had the same failures so after the 2nd repair it got sold. 
    The problem with the ALS is that they use the OLD style Mosfet transistors instead of the new Freescale type power bricks that are really rugged in comparison and with the older transistors if each transistor is NOT biased just right the current has to go somewhere. 
    The power supplies are poor quality too and the AMP's don't have very good protection for overshoot which is why they fail so often in my opinion.

The FLEX PGXL is a lot of money but SO WORTH It, the Elecraft KPA-500 is a marvelous and rugged little Amp and I expect no less from the KPA-1500 and interface nicely with the FLEX 6K series.  

There are a lot of AMP's out there these day's including some ones you can build  so it is a buyers market. 

Bret
    WX7Y
  • Steven WA8Y
    Steven WA8Y Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    RF-KIT sold by DX Engineering (the new) RF-2KS can be purchased assembled (by DX E) later this fall.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.