Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

BCD out with V2.5.1 on 30m

Options
Ken Thompson
Ken Thompson Member ✭✭
I have upgraded to V 2.5.1 and have noticed that when I select the 30m band in SmartSDR  that my Yaesu VL1000 does not change bands, it stays on whatever band was last selected.
I have a Flex USB -BCD unit and it works fine changing the VL1000 on 160m 80m 40m 20m 15m 10m & 6m.
Is anyone else seeing my problem?

Cheers 
Ken
VK6AKT 

Answers

• Ken Thompson
    Ken Thompson Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Options
    An update to my problem.
    I just loaded a new install of SmartSDR V2.5.1 on my laptop and connected to my 6400 over Smartlink and it all works fine!!!!
    The band switching on 30m between the rig and my VL1000 is working as it should.
    So it looks a though I have some problem with how V2.5.1 loaded on my Desktop PC.
    Now the fun begins 

Ken

• Ken Thompson
    Ken Thompson Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Update No 2

I have now worked out that it is all operator error. (Feeling a bit like a Goose)
    I have a habit of checking out WWV on 10Mhz so the 30m band was on 10Mhz and that is out of our transmit allocation, as soon as I selected 10.126Mhz on the 30m band all back to normal.
    Wouldn't it be nice if the band select icons had multiple memory's 3 or 4 step through frequency's .
    like on my Icom 7610

Cheers 

Ken  

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.