Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

After 2.5 Upgrade, 2M Transverter MOX Has Problems

Alan
Alan Member ✭✭✭✭
edited June 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
After upgrading to SDR 2.5 from 2.49, MOX TX will not work on 2M XVTA after using TX on a second non-TXVA panadapter.

Flex 6600 with DEMI 144 MHZ Transverter.

Two pan adapters open, one set for low band, 40M, and the second set for two meters via TXVA function.  Low band on SCU A and 2M TXVA on SCU B.  One slice open on each panadapter.

Now the problem.

I can first transmit on the 2M slice with no TX inhibits using MOX on Smart SDR.  I switch the TX to the second panadapter, switch TX to 40M slice and can TX using Smart SDR MOX, then when I move the TX back to the first panadapter with the slice on 2M, TX is inhibited when using MOX with the reason given as "PTT" when I hover over the TX Ready Indicator.

I can switch back to 40M on the other panadapter /slice and no TX inhibit.

I closed the 2M slice and reopened on the first panadapter.  TX inhibit is removed and MOX TX works.  Moved the TX to 40M on second panadapter and back to 2M on the first panadapter, MOX TX is inhibited again due to "PTT".

Removed and re-installed XTVA.  Same problem.

Closed and re-opened one and both panadapters.  Same problem

Did a soft reboot.  Same problem. Did a hard reboot, Same problem.

Instead of 2M on the first panadapeter, moved to 20M on the same slice.  Moved TX back and forth between panadapters (20M and 40M), no problem.  Isolated the problem to TVTA function.

Used PTT on Flex 6600 via phono jack on back of the radio.  Works ok on both 40M and 2M, back and forth, no problem.  Also, if the MOX on Smart SDR was first inhibited on the 2M slice, when I used The radio PTT, the MOX inhibit was removed.  Cycled back to 20M than to 2M and again, Smart SDR MOX was inhibited.

So, the problem seems isolated to XVTA operation and trying to use MOX from SDR after first using MOX TX on a second band, other than 2M.

Ticket submitted.  Any suggestions?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.