Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

What is the Minimum Internet Speed for Using the Maestro?

Mike-N1VE
Mike-N1VE Member ✭✭
I connected the Maestro to my iPad running as a hotspot and didn't try to transmit because the received audio was chopping.  I checked my connection speed through my computer when using the hotspot and it was about 2.5 Mb up and down.  I suspect that my speed isn't what it should be to operate the Maestro from my iPad hotspot.  What is considered the minimum speed.

Answers

• W5AP
    W5AP Member
    edited June 2019
    I have 25 down and 4 up with my ISP. However I have a  lot of packet loss and jitter - so I also have chopped receive audio.  Transmit is OK.  This is over the WAN (internet) with the network display showing between poor (red bar) and fair to good (3 green bars)    And this is my remote connection.
    When I have my Maestro connected to the LAN at this location, I have an excellent (all green) connection and all is well.

When I go back to that QTH, I'm going to rewire my ethernet cables from the microwave feed to the POE (power over ethernet) and my new "IQ router" with cat 7 cable to see if that helps with the packet losses.    I heard some network gurus rave on the IQ router and bought one on Amazon.  Supposed to help with "buffer bloat".    Stay tuned.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.