Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Can 2.49 profiles be imported to 2.5.1?

Homer1952
Homer1952 Member
I am confused by Tim's comment:
"NOTE: It is strongly recommended that you export your profiles before installing SmartSDR v2.5.1. The SmartSDR database in version 2.5.1 is not compatible with previous versions of SmartSDR v2 (v2.4.9 and below).  If you revert from SmartSDR v2.5.1 to a previous version of SmartSDR, you will need to perform a factory reset of your database and import your profiles saved using SmartSDR v2.4.9 and below after the firmware downgrade."

This implies that profiles exported from 2.4.9 are not compatible with 2.5.1.  Is that correct?  Does that mean I have to create a whole new set of profiles??

With the download, it would be very helpful to have a step by step bullet or numbered sheet to go along with every new software release.  Most other OEM's have this. 

-Bob W8RMV

Answers

• John - AI4FR
    John - AI4FR Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Mine imported fine. Export and make a copy of 2.4.9 profiles first. COLD BOOT RADIO!! and then do the update.

Now if I could only get DDUTIL to work right with 2.5 I'd be all set.

• Homer1952
    Homer1952 Member
    edited June 2019
    Thank you, John.  A simple step by step procedure would answer questions like mine & save the bandwidth here. - Bob W8RMV
  • Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited June 2019
    It's actually more of the opposite.  v2.5+ exports are not compatible with previous versions.  So having a backup BEFORE you update is ideal.  If you do end up choosing to downgrade to a version prior to v2.5+ after running v2.5+, you will need to do a factory reset and then import your pre v2.5 settings.
  • John - AI4FR
    John - AI4FR Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    You're welcome Bob.
    Eric, that;s the way I took Tim's notes on it as well.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.