Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Can the DAX TX stream level be controlled by different profiles?

Options
W9ILY
W9ILY Member ✭✭
edited July 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
I would like to control the DAX TX stream for different applications, such as RTTY when using an amp and RTTY when not using an amp. When using the amp I need to reduce the TX audio to about 38% and have the RF power output set for 100% in order for the amp to have the proper full output. I was told today that I was generating harmonics when transmitting and I believe the way to eliminate this is to have lower DAX TX output. Am I not correct in this idea? If I have the audio set for 38% when not using the amp my output is much lower than 100 watts that I would desire.

Answers

• John - AI4FR
    John - AI4FR Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Options
    John I have you in the log 138 times going back to 2005 with many of those being RTTY. I have never noticed a dirty signal from you ever. Maybe you have changed things or the harmonics were being created in the receiver. On this end I treat rtty as any other digital mode in that I use DIGU and keep the ALC meter out of the red. No part of the ALC scale hits into the red zone.
  • W9ILY
    W9ILY Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Thanks for the comment, John. This was the very first time anybody had mentioned anything to me and I suppose the problem was on the RX end with my very loud signal. I was running full power at 1500W so that could have been the issue. I have never changed my setup so I think I'll not make any changes. Thanks, again.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.