Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Another cool thing about v3.x software

David Hickman
David Hickman Member ✭✭
edited May 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
IF you are a digital **** and like to listen/do the 75m nets at night, here is a way for you to do both at the same time.

I am running a 6300 with a laptop AND a maestro. I also have a separate RX antenna hooked up to the transverter port.

Note you can do this with two laptops, a laptop and an iPAd, and a Mastro. The idea is that you have two completely separate ways to access your radio on the desk and you have a separate RX antenna.

On your digital station operate as normal, except click the FDX icon on the bottom. This enables full duplex.

Now on the second device ( a maestro in my case) operate however you want to.  Make sure that you tune on both sides or use a resonant TX antenna. 

Now you can operate both at the same time and when transmitting the other console will only be affected if you are on a harmonic or too close to the transmitted signal.   

I have found that I can even do digital on 20 and operate on the other side of 20 with tolerable interference. When on separate bands things just work.

Usually, I am running **** or on rare occasions FT8 on 40/80 while hanging out with the guys on 3.916 at night.

I can not wait for the software to stabilize.

Comments

• Ken Hansen
    Ken Hansen Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Curious, please describe how you set transverter settings for this. I suspect you put transverter on 75m and set offset to 0 (zero), is that correct (away from radio, otherwise I'd just try it)...
  • Joe N3HEE
    Joe N3HEE Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    How are you running FDX on a 6300 ?  Thought you needed a 6600 or 6700 to do FDX ?
  • David Hickman
    David Hickman Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Transverter settings:

Software 3.0.19
    Antenna: Pixel Loop Connected to XVTR port

1. Name: Pix  -  this gets INVALID in red.. ignore it.
    2. RF Freq: 0.0000
    3. if freq: 0.0000
    4. LO Freq: blank
    5. LO error: 0
    6. RX Only: ENABLED
    7. Max Power: 0.0
    8. Rx Gain: 0.0

TX Band Settings:

PIX - RF Power: 0, Tune PWR 0, PTT Inhibit: Checked

Slice Settings:

RX Antenna ( BLUE ): XVTR
    TX Antenna (Red): ANT1

• David Hickman
    David Hickman Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    I have the RX antenna set up as outlined in another message in this thread, running multiple consoles ( multiFlex)  ( Smart SDR for digital on laptop) and a maestro for ragchewing. 

Working fine on a 6300.

• Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited May 2019
    I think you may be able to do the same thing by just selecting XVTR for the RX Antenna (without setting up a XVTR).  Does this not work for you David?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.