Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Yeasu M-100 and Flexradio

Hani - OD5TE
Hani - OD5TE Member
edited May 2019 in Maestro
I got a Yeasu M-100 microphone and can’t seem to get it to work on my Maestro. Any advise on the settings? I am assuming it works with Flexradio..... Thanks un advance. 73 Hani / OD5TE

Comments

• Ray Sylvester
    Ray Sylvester Member
    edited May 2019
    you need the optional power supply kit for that mic to use it with the flex  gigaparts make a note at the bottom of the m-100 add about using it with other radios
  • Hani - OD5TE
    Hani - OD5TE Member
    edited May 2019
    Thank you Ray. Even though they only listed some Yeasy radio and no mention of Flexradio. Will check out the kit. Tnx es 73
  • Craig Williams
    Craig Williams Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    I just bypass the built in pre amp and it works fine with my 6400. I figure there is enough equilization in the Flex.
  • Hani - OD5TE
    Hani - OD5TE Member
    edited May 2019
    Thank you Craig. Are you using it through the Maestro?

When connected to Maestro, I am not able to activate the PTT and no audio goes through if MOX is pressed. 
  • Hani - OD5TE
    Hani - OD5TE Member
    edited May 2019
    Gents, that you for your kind support. I did a lot of testing and was finally successful to make the M-100 work with the Maestro. In summary, even though Maestro has 5V on one of its pins, but once the M-100 is connected the voltage drops to 2V. There is definitely a need for external power source instead of the Maestro power source and Microphone works like a charm. I put together a cable taking its power source for a battery pack. imageimage

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.