Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

No green light on SSDR setup

Lasse Moell
Lasse Moell Member ✭✭
edited May 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
I am currently testing and trying to run my 6500 (SSDR 2.4.9) over 4G network, using a 4G based router with firewall. If I have my radio on my regular fiber net, I can connect and run the client (Maestro) over 4G. Swapping so radio is on 4G, I cannot get "Green Light" when testing the connectivity, and thus no audio nor panafall, but radio shows up and s/w version can be selected. I have tried to put the local IP in DMZ, opening relevant ports (4993/4994) etc but to no-go. Checking open ports using services on the net shows ports not open. Any ideas what to try next? BTW I will try get a tunnel going but it would be great to not have to do that.
/Lasse SM5GLC
Edit: So it seems I am a victim of CG-NAT or (double NAT) i.e. making it pretty impossible to get a server working at the 4G end. Solution seems to be pay extra and get a public IP. Not sure if a VPN solution will work, would appreciate if someone have a work-around the CG-NAT. Will a VPN-client at the 4G end allow for having the radio at that end?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.