Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Slice Master 6000 Discussion

13»

Comments

• K1DBO
    K1DBO Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Settings are all stored in 

C:Users<your name here>AppDataLocalK1DBOslice-master

But I dont recommend changing those by hand.  If you think the Settings tab is missing something, please let me know.

• Gary NC3Z
    Gary NC3Z Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    No, just needed to back up the settings. SSDR DAX is flaky at best and periodically causes a BSOD when opened, and if SM6K is open when that happens it looses it's settings. So it's just handy to have a backup config to restore.
  • K1DBO
    K1DBO Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    I'd like to know which settings get lost.  It really shouldnt happen like that.  Slice Master saves your settings anytime you change them.  What happens after the change should not be causing any trouble.

If you can reproduce the problem I'd love to see the before and after config files.  Just drop an email to the address in the startup screen if you'd like to play along.

Thanks.
     --Don
  • Gary NC3Z
    Gary NC3Z Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    What happens after a BSOD reboot is SM6K is now opens on the main screen vs an second monitor where it normally lives, and the DXCluster info is reset. So next time it happens I will send you the backup config and what results after the BSOD. It does not happen often but always is caused by DAX strating up. And I have to restore the CAT.settings and DAX.settings for SSDR to recover too.

I have several HD tickets in with Flex on several bugs they have confirmed I am just waiting (and waiting, and waiting) on fixes for.
  • bob
    bob Member
    How do I change the config.ini file to tell Slice Master where all my programs are located? They are all in a directory named c:\ham. When I change the config.ini file and re-run Slice Master, it just changes my new file back. How do I make Slice Master accept my changes? Bob, k8ki
  • Ed
    Ed Member ✭✭

Can not figure how to delete SM6K overlay and disable spots

Flex 6400

Smart sdr v3.2.37

Slicemaster v10.10.7c

Thank You

Ed K1EDG

• K1DBO
    K1DBO Member ✭✭✭

Ed,

Check the Slice Master settings tab. In the Bandmap section there is a check box to 'Enable overlays'. Disable it and you'll be left with just the spots the radio is displaying.

Also note that Slice Master is now at v0.10.8a... just sayin'

--Don

• Ed
    Ed Member ✭✭

Hi Don

Thank you for replying I had found that settng that shuts it off. I like the overlay idea but I can not read the label on my 3840x2160 monitor. Will have to try to use a larger font. I did leave out that overlays only appear on slice B not on A. I am running v0.10.8a and rereading the manual to see if missed something.

Thank You!

Ed

• K1DBO
    K1DBO Member ✭✭✭

Ed,

In the Slice Master README there is a section called 'Startup options'. The one you are looking for is

--bandmap-text-scale SCALE
             scale factor (percent) for callsigns in the bandmap
             overlay

Try setting it to 200 and see what happens. You have to do this at Slice Master startup time. Using a shortcut is probably the easiest way to make this happen. If you are comfortable with cmd window, you can launch Slice Master from one and give the option then. The option is sticky... that is, you only have to specify it once and Slice Master will remember the change.

Regarding multiple pop-outs showing spot overlays, I hate to say it, but it works for me ;)

Are you seeing the title bar overlay but not the spots, or is that missing too? I've seen the overlays become detach from the windows on occasion. This is usually corrected by giving the window a jiggle.

If this doesnt help, send an email to the address shown when Slice Master starts up. I'll do my best to get you sorted.

--Don

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.