Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Unable to use CWX function in Smart SDR will Running N3FJP Logging Program

David Okay Patton
David Okay Patton Member ✭✭
edited November 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
I'm running a Flex 6400 with SmartSDR v.2.4.9 on a Win10 computer.  Without the N3FJP logging program running, the CWX function in SmartSDR works; I can use my computer keyboard to send CW.  When I start the logging program, there is a conflict, and I can not longer use the CWX to send code (SmartSDR function keys for CW memories still work).  I have the Rig Interface set up correctly in the N3FJP log so that the log program "knows" the mode and frequency of the radio.   Any suggestions?

Comments

• Pat ON3CQ
    Pat ON3CQ Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    David, N3FJP go Settings - Transmit - Select Mode mark CW.

Second CW Setup:

Make Winkey SDRCAT.

Pat ON3CQ
  • Lawrence Gray
    Lawrence Gray Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Using my 6500, SSDR 2.4.9, Windows 7 laptop, and the latest version of AC log, CWX works perfectly.  I have AC log connected to SSDR via the Flex API, not a COM port.

Larry, W1IZZ

• David Okay Patton
    David Okay Patton Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Hi Larry - THANK YOU!  That did the trick. Only one extra step: I had to restart AC Log, and then it worked perfectly.
    David KG0EW

• Tom Porada
    Tom Porada Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Larry - can you explain "via the Flex API, not a COM port"? Not sure how to do this.
    Thanks.
    Tom W4IEE
  • Lawrence Gray
    Lawrence Gray Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    In AC Log, go to Settings, Rig Interface.  Select FlexAPI as the Rig and Test to verify it is working.  No COM port settings required.  Screenshot:

• Rick, N9AJ
    Rick, N9AJ Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Larry -   I just came across your AC Log Flex API instructions today after deciding i'd search the community and see if this computer ignorant old man could get spots to work on SDR.  You sure made it easy OM,,  I got spots now ... right from AC Log..  thanks a bunch.  RIck N9AJ

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.