Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Left sidebar minimized

Dan KG0AQ
Dan KG0AQ Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
How do I get the left sidebar to be minimized or "tucked in" when opening SmartSDR? I have tried saving the "tucked in" side bar with global and other profiles with no luck. It always comes up with top arrow pointing left showing menu titles. Does anyone know how to pull this off? TIA  

73 Dan KG0AQ

Answers

• K2KXK
    K2KXK Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    I've never been able to get it to remember that settings.  Have tried the same as you.  Hope someone has a solution.  Thanks for posing the question.  
  • Martin AA6E
    Martin AA6E Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    That's something that should go into an "ini" file, along with other info like window size and position and maybe the default profile name. My opinion based on old-timey linux and Windows experience.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I have found that the pop-out "Radio Control Panel"  (I have mine popped out to the Right Side) is remembered as the last status it was in when I closed SSDR.  If you want it "popped in" then use the little arrow to pop it in, then close ssdr.  The next time you open it, it will be within the main window.  If you pop it out and then close SSDR, it will be popped out the next time you open it.

I have not recently tested it as part of Global Profiles.  I know Global Profiles remember the various slices, pans, & frequencies, But O don't remember if they remember pop-out status of panadapters and control panels.

Ken - NM9P
  • K2KXK
    K2KXK Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Yes, SSDR remembers the state and position of the Radio Control panel but not the small panel with +RX, +TNF, etc.  I wouldn't exactly call this a bug, just probably something no one thought was important enough to fix.  A minor annoyance for those of us who don't keep SSDR running 24/7,
  • Dan KG0AQ
    Dan KG0AQ Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Ken,

You stated "If you want it "popped in" then use the little arrow to pop it in, then close ssdr.  The next time you open it, it will be within the main window."

I am running 2.49 and no matter what position the bar is closed with it comes back on popped out with the arrow pointing away from the panadapter.  That is my observation when I restart my SmartSDR software.

73 Dan KG0AQ
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    I haven’t checked it on 2.49. I’m on 3.0.19.... Perhaps they changed it in the upgrade. I’ll check release notes later and see....
  • Dieter
    Dieter Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019

using 3.0.19 on my 6k7 the bar is displayed as ever before irrespective of whether the bar was hidden or not when closing SSDR

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.