Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Problem installing PowerSDR v2.8.0

I sent a message directly to KE9NS on this, but thought I would see if anyone here had any ideas as well:

I have been trying unsuccessfully to install PowerSDR v2.8.0.122 for a Flex-5000 radio.

PC's hardware and system settings:
HP Envy  Desktop 750-514
Processor Intel Core i5-7400 CPU @3GHz
Windows 10 Home Version 1803

From the KE9NS website, we downloaded the PowerSDR 2.8.0 full install.  In the processes of installing the software, it also installed the Flex firewire driver to v4.1.3.17357 and did a firmware update for the Flex-5000.  One suspicious thing that happened during install was a message that said: 

".NET Framework 4.5.2 or later update is already installed on the computer."

After digging through Registry, I determined that the OS already has installed .NET Framework 4.7.2.  I was able to click past the message and it continued with the install, so I don't know, but it doesn't appear to have been a problem.

After installation of the software, updating the Firewire driver, and updating the firmware, we start PowerSDR for the first time.  Immediately we get an error message:

"Unhandled exception has occurred in your application."
imagepng

The full details are:

See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'AutoItX3.Assembly, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=a646454c8d475470' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

File name: 'AutoItX3.Assembly, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=a646454c8d475470'

at PowerSDR.Console.Console_MouseEnter(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnMouseEnter(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)

at PowerSDR.Console.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.

To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLMSoftwareMicrosoftFusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.

Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.

To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLMSoftwareMicrosoftFusion!EnableLog].

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 4.7.3394.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_C

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll

----------------------------------------

Any help with resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Glen Kesselring,K0JGH  

Comments

• Dudley  WA5QPZ
    Dudley WA5QPZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    My best suggestio is to first make sure this is not an I/O errorto the FireWire card or PSDR issue. Turn the radio off or unplug the FW cable reboot the computer just to make sure all is reset, try the install again. Then open PSDR, see if it will at least open the demo mode.. Let us know what happens, you may have to reload .NetFramework .
  • Glen Kesselring
    edited April 2019
    Thanks for the suggestions, Dudley.  One other experiment we did was to install PowerSDR v2.7.2 which is working.  Also, the radio came with an installation disk which had v1.18.6 which also installed OK (although it complained about wanting .NET Framework 1.1.4322 which we got off the CD).  So, it seems to be something related to the v2.8.0 install.

We will try the sequence you suggested and report back.  Thank you!

Glen K0JGH
  • Glen Kesselring
    edited April 2019
    Just to follow up.... we are still seeing the error using V2.8.0 even when starting in demo mode.
  • Dudley  WA5QPZ
    Dudley WA5QPZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    I guess wait for some answer from Darren. :-)
  • Glen Kesselring
    edited April 2019
    Darrin KE9NS posted a new installer for the v2.8.0.full download (the green download button)on his website which fixed our problem. Many thanks for the quick turn around on a holiday weekend.73 Glen
  • Naz
    Naz Member
    [{"insert":"Greetings All\nI have a similar problem ,My pc won't install Power Sdr 2.8 but it installed version 2.7. I clicked on version 2.8(orange block) for full install. Pc build is a older machine.2.9 Ghz intel dual core processor 4 gigs of ram ,1 gig hard drive, Cronos firewire card and Win 10. Software is 64 Bit ready but 32 bit installed. I Have a 250 gig SSD drive with Win 7 loaded on it will try it and post results.\nThanks 73\nNaz\n"}]
  • [{"insert":"Ok my fault Windows 7 needed service pack 1. It installs fine. Just found out my pc will just barely run the Flex 5000 ...so Amd Rysen here we come. \nMany thanks to Darrin for the advice much appreciated. \n73 ALL \nNaz\n"}]

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.