Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

AG8x2 works erratically in remote op w v.3

Kari Gustafsson SM0HRP
Kari Gustafsson SM0HRP Member ✭✭
edited April 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I just experienced this strange phenomena. Maestro on 20 m and SSDR PC on 40 m. AG connected via BCD to USB to Flex. AG indicated "red flags" on antenna selection and no antennas assigned . BCD indicated same bands so that is why red flags. Then when changing frequency on SSDR slice AG suddenly reacted and assigned antennas. For a while. This repeated itself several times. Ranko 4O3A was present on PC via Team viewer and could not see what was wrong. So here is an issue. I will test more thoroughly. All works fine in v 2.4.9. The set up is remote over VPN.

Answers

• KF4HR
    KF4HR Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Kari - Are you using the latest version of the AG8x2? 
  • Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited April 2019
    Kari,

I think the Antenna Genius is going to need a firmware update to support SmartSDR v3.0.
  • Kari Gustafsson SM0HRP
    edited April 2019
    Hi Eric, yes it look like that. Happy Easter and thanks for all good work with v.3. Can it be Xmas in April?
  • Kari Gustafsson SM0HRP
    edited April 2019
    I have the original hw version but latest sw. I will replace it with AG 8X2 V.2 plus today. Guess sw is the same so issue will remain...

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.