Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Version 3 Stuck on License Required - Won't Activate after Purchase

Rick - W5FCX
Rick - W5FCX Member ✭✭
edited April 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
After purchasing the V3 upgrade, the e-commerce complete page says the purchase was complete and I will receive an email confirmation (no email now after 20 minutes) and I can see my invoice in My Account (it's there, showing purchase completed).

Still, no joy. The SmartSDR Client for Windows just sits there demanding "License Required", and every time I press the Refresh button, it says "Refreshing radio license state" and then nothing.  I assume this isn't the expected upgrade experience. Now what's next?

Comments

• Kurt Van Houtte
    edited April 2019
    You need to buy
  • Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited April 2019
    Rick,

I just checked our licensing back end and it looks like you are all set to go.  Are you able to connect now?
  • Chris DL5NAM
    Chris DL5NAM Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    try more times the Retry button
  • Rick - W5FCX
    Rick - W5FCX Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    I had to power down the 6300 and reboot it - now all is well and I can connect from both SmartSDR and Maestro. It appears it was licensing correctly at the radio, but not telling the GUI correctly (a bug).  Anyway, all good now. Thanks.
  • Lawrence Gray
    Lawrence Gray Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Updated my 6500.  All seems well.  Connected with my Win7 laptop and iPad simultaneously--very cool.

Larry, W1IZZ

• Rick - W5FCX
    Rick - W5FCX Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Updated my 6700 and radio activated just fine with no reboot.

I did notice glitches with both CAT and DAX the first time they ran they hung, had to **** them using Task Manager, then restarted SDR and they seemed fine after associating each one with the local PC.

All is well that ends well.
  • Andrea Vernice
    Andrea Vernice Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Same problem here. Bought but still ask to pay. So cannot connect
  • Ed.G
    Ed.G FlexRadio Employee ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Have you tried restarting your radio?
  • Ted  VE3TRQ
    Ted VE3TRQ Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    When I started up the newly installed v3, I had no “Disconnect” button on the radio chooser. I had to bring up the old v2 SSDR to disconnect the “M” front panel, then when I started v3 again I had the option to connect / buy, etc. Also had some Windows CAT / DAX issues initially. Some other weird things persisted until I restarted the radio (actually, it crashed and I decided to pull the power for a cold start). All seems OK now with Win10 SSDR, DAX, CAT, digital apps and the “M” front panel running simultaneously. Now I just need to back everything out so I can continue to use my Mac :-(
  • Ed.G
    Ed.G FlexRadio Employee ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Andrea, looking on our side the radio reports the correct license now - are you up and running?
  • Andrea Vernice
    Andrea Vernice Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    I restarted and only then was able to connect
  • Brian
    Brian Member
    edited October 2019
    Same issue.  Four radio and Smart SDR restarts.  Still saying license required.
  • Eric-KE5DTO
    edited October 2019
    The most common issue that causes this error is when the radio doesn't have internet access.  Usually this is because it is wired directly to a PC that has internet.  This will give the PC access to the radio, but will not give the radio access to the internet to pull the license.

To resolve this, take a look at this helpdesk article: https://helpdesk.flexradio.com/hc/en-us/articles/202118558-How-to-Connect-your-FLEX-6000-to-a-LAN

Also, make sure that you are using SmartSDR v3.1.8+ as there were some security changes on the licensing back end that will prevent earlier versions from pulling the license.

If you continue to have trouble, open up a helpdesk ticket and we'll help you get squared away.
  • skotstanford
    skotstanford Member ✭✭
    My 6600m will not activate after the license was purchased. I tried refreshing and rebooting. Still no ioy
  • Eric-KE5DTO

We were slow to fill license orders over the weekend. You should be all set now. Let us know if you have trouble.

• skotstanford
    skotstanford Member ✭✭

All is good. Thank you for your help.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.