Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex-3000 and Flex-5000A For Sale

Ed, K0KC
Ed, K0KC Member ✭✭
edited August 2020 in The Flea Market
I would like to offer the following items for sale. I acquired a Flex-6700 approximately six years ago and have been holding on to these rigs as backups. They have been maintained in a clean, non-smoking environment and have seen only occasional use since 2013. Both rigs are fully functional, in excellent cosmetic condition, and are ready for the (free) PowerSDR 2.8 software for Windows developed by KE9NS in conjunction with Flex Radio Systems. PowerSDR 2.8 is outstanding and offers many features not available in SmartSDR for the Flex-6xxx series of rigs. Both rigs will be shipped via UPS in Flex Radio packaging with shipping and insurance prepaid.

Flex-3000

Purchased 1/5/2010 for $1621.29 (with shipping and handling, original invoice available). 100 watt, 160m to 6m transceiver. Includes Heil HM-5 microphone with Flex-3000 compatible cable and connector, internal antenna tuner, power cable, FireWire card, and Fire-Wire cable. Quick Start Guide included.

Flex-5000A

Purchased 6/2/2010 for $3524.34 (with shipping and handling, original invoice available). 100 watt, 160m to 6m transceiver. Includes internal 2nd receiver, internal antenna tuner, power cable, FireWire card, and FireWire cable. Quick Start Guide included.

I plan to offer these items to the Flex Radio Community until approximately mid-April and will expand the offering to the wider amateur radio community if not sold by that time. Payment options include PayPal, Bank/Cashier's check, or USPS Money Order. Items will be shipped upon receipt of funds.

Please contact me directly at: K0KC@arrl.net if you have an interest in either or both of these items.

Thanks!

Ed, K0KC

Answers

• Ed, K0KC
    Ed, K0KC Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Still looking for buyers...these are nice radios!
  • Clifford
    Clifford Member
    edited April 2019
    Good Afternoon
    What price is the flex 3000. I would have it shipped to Mesena ,NY

cliff
    VE2YU
  • Dale Neace
    Dale Neace Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    How much for the 5000?
  • Ed, K0KC
    Ed, K0KC Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Dale,

Please contact me outside of the Community at:

K0KC@arrl.net

Thanks,

Ed, K0KC
  • Ed, K0KC
    Ed, K0KC Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    As I indicated in my original post, I really want to sell these radios to someone in our Flex Community but if that is not possible, I am ready to expand the "audience" to a wider group in the next few days.

I am willing to negotiate some very attractive prices for either or both of these rigs. Please contact me directly at K0KC@arrl.net if you are interested.

Ed, K0KC

• sdrwow
    sdrwow Member ✭✭
    Hello I'm new to this forum and I guess one or both of these radios are long gone. I have a long story of a Ten Tec SDR that flat let me down and I need to obtain a real SDR. FLEXRADIO
  • WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭

Several questions come to mind first do you want to use JUST a computer for radio control or do you want the radio to have a Front operating position attached to the radio and also be able to use a computer control and interface with it?

I would recommend you purchase a FLEX6600 to use with a computer and if you want a radio front end get the separate Maestro control panel.

This will allow you to use the Maestro both local and Remote when your away from home and still use your Computer interface.

Just be Aware the FLEX is a real SDR Radio and isn't for everyone and NOT just a Radio that you can interface to a computer for a mediocre screen display and CAT controls and call it a SDR just to get more sales.

The Old Flex 3000, and 5000 though terrific radios require a compatible Firewire card which are quite hard to find a Computer and card that will work with the Radio these day.

• sdrwow
    sdrwow Member ✭✭
    OK..I just saw this and a welcomed comment. I had an SDR1000 long ago. Got struck by lightning and that was the end of that. I don't mind using a computer as a radio. I was trying to upgrade to modern radio goodies and bought a Ten OmniVII, A winning bidder on ePay. WOW woopie!! SDR not needing a computer. Everything wonderful again. THEN. 160M band quit transmitting RF power. It's wasting away at Ten Tec repair the last 3 months. I am fully ready for firewires and all that magic. I have limited funds. I could never afford a 6600. BTW Firewire is not outdated. Still used and popular. I have a computer with PCI slot waiting for a firewire thingy
    A 5000 is about all I can afford. thanks Fred KC4MOP