Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

No CW sidetone on speaker

Slawomir
Slawomir Member ✭✭
edited March 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
On my Flex 6700, listen to the CW sidetone on the front headphones. The speakers are on the back of the radio. I can hear everything from the band and the sidetone at CW can not be heard. Can you turn it on?

Answers

• Mack
    Mack Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Slawomir,

Have you turned on the CW sidetone? 

If so and it's not working then what else have you tried?

Mack
    W4AX
    Alpha Team
  • Slawomir
    Slawomir Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Yes, I have turned on. Sidetone is on the headphones on the front panel. The loudspeakers I have turned on the audio output on the rear panel and there is no sidetone.
    Slawomir
  • Mack
    Mack Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    I'm trying to help but don't have a lot of information from you. Are you getting band audio from the speakers? Are the speakers muted? Are you using powered speakers and are they powered on? Have you tried plugging the headphones into the rear speaker jack to see if you can hear the sidetone?

• Slawomir
    Slawomir Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    The speakers are turned on and I receive stations from the band. I've been working this way for a year. I did not turn on the headphones on the rear panel because the speakers are working. I do not see any other adjustment in SmartSDR when working in CW.
  • Mack
    Mack Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    OK, then let try this. Export all your profiles, perform a hardware reset on the radio, and then reimport your profiles but UNCHECK preferences.

Perform a hardware radio reset. https://helpdesk.flexradio.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020078612-How-to-Completely-Reset-a-FLEX-6000

Import your profiles but UNCHECK import preferences

This should fix it. Sounds like something is corrupted.

Mack
    W4AX
    Alpha Team

• Slawomir
    Slawomir Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Hi Mack,I did everything you wrote about. The sound at cw returned. Everything works correctly.
    73's
    Slawomir
  • Mack
    Mack Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Slarwomir,

Great! I'm glad everything is back to normal.

Mack
    W4AX
    Alpha Team

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.