Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

TX/RX problems on 6500

TX and RX Loud popping sounds, and I've TX spikes about 6Khz apart with Antenna or dummy load. Any ideas please! Ken G0ORH

Comments

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Does it do this after a radio DC power reset (pull power off for 15 seconds or so), my 6700 has done this for a long time after a week or so of being on all the time as I run my radio as a server and don't turn it off. 
    Seems to NOT effect TX just irritating for sure.

• W9ILY
    W9ILY Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Ken, are the pops and the TX spikes you are seeing two different problems or are the pops occurring at the same time as the spikes?

• Ken Chandler
    Ken Chandler Member
    edited July 2019
    Don't see your reply, did get it !!
  • W9ILY
    W9ILY Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    If the pops and spikes are there and occurring together I'd open a trouble ticket with support.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.