Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6500 transmit on 4m

John G3WGV
John G3WGV Member ✭✭
I'm thinking vaguely of getting back on 4m after many years' absence. I understand that the 6500 covers 4m with a low level Tx output on the transverter port. So far so good. However, when I tune the TX slice to any 4m frequency (70.000-70.500MHz in the UK) I see "TX not ready" in SmartSDR and sure enough the TX does not key. Have I missed something in the set up or is this a Turf file problem?

73, John, G3WGV

Answers

• Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Is the TX output set to XVTR?
  • John G3WGV
    John G3WGV Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    I can't see how to do that. I can set the RX antenna to Transverter but that seems to have no effect.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    On the slice flag, in SSDR, right next to the blue pull down for RX ant selection is a red one for TX ant selection. Click that and select XVTR.
  • John G3WGV
    John G3WGV Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Ahha! Thank you Ken. I was looking in the ANT menu item on the LHS. That seems to work fine, although I note it doesn't remember the setting on a band-by-band basis, so it will need to be set/unset each time I do a band change. Now to find a way of getting 10mW or so to a useful level!
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    You can save a Transmit Profile and call it “4 Meters” and activate it whenever you change to that band. It might make it easier.
  • John G3WGV
    John G3WGV Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Good idea. Not found a use for profiles hitherto but that might be about to change! Thanks again.
  • Trevor-EI2GLB
    Trevor-EI2GLB Member
    edited June 2019
    Did you ever get any further with this John, Thanks Trevor EI2GLB
  • John G3WGV
    John G3WGV Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Only in theory! I bought the OZ2M amplifier with the intention of getting the 6500's power output up to the 10 watts or so input power that my BNOS amplifier requires. It has been sitting on the shelf awaiting soldering iron duties so far. Busy with other things at the moment, notably changes to my controller software to take advantage of SSDR V3. Probably a winter project I think, especially as this year's Es season seems to be particularly poor.

73, John, G3WGV

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.