Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Solid Orange color with On/Off Sw when turned off

Tom W3FRG
Tom W3FRG Member ✭✭
The On/Off switch flashes green during shut down then turns solid orange when unit shuts down.
Starts up normal with no other codes present.

Answers

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited June 2020
    Sure it isn’t yellow?

Here’s the color codes
    https://community.flexradio.com/flexr... I have seen it yellow if you inadvertantly enable the GPSDO option in software, whether or not the radio has one. Dave wo2x
  • Craig_KØCF
    Craig_KØCF Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Do you have the GPSDO installed? If so, solid "Amber" after shutdown means the Radio is off, but the GPS is powered for stability.

• Tom W3FRG
    Tom W3FRG Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Hi Dave,

You are correct. It was Amber and I checked the Uninstall GPS ands its now gone, back to normal, Off.
    I checked the color code errors and don't see one of Amber after the unit is turned off.
    Regards,

Tom W3FRG
  • Tom W3FRG
    Tom W3FRG Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Makes sense.
    But it appears the unit is powered w/o a GPS as long as the 13.8Vdc is applied, which I assume supplies the freq std to maintain stability rather than a cold start.  

73  Tom W3FRG
  • Tom W3FRG
    Tom W3FRG Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Its interesting that the color code error list that I referenced in the User Manual is quite different than the list in the Hardware Manual; The list you supplied.
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited February 2019
    It is listed as Yellow in the list Tim provided. 73 Dave wo2x

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.