Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Virtual Serial Port failed to create

John K0TG
John K0TG Member ✭✭
edited March 2020 in SmartSDR CAT
I am trying to set up WSJT-X on a Windows & PC.  When I go to build a COM port for the PTT I get an error message of: The Virtual Serial Port (VSP) failed to create. Double check the Serial Port settings.

When I look in Device Manager I see the COM Port pairs there.  So they are being created it seems in the PC, but the SmartSDR CAT does not think so and I cannot build the COM port for the PTT.

This is on SmartSDR 2.4.9 for a Flex 6600M on a Windows 7 PC.  Seems to work fine on the Win 10 box.

Thanks es 73, John  K0TG

Comments

• Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    John

I can probably help you with this problem, if you fail to get a reply. I've solved that problem before, troubleshooting it will require a Team Viewer session, otherwise I can't see what needs fixing.  We can set up a session in the  #FlexRadio IRC chat channel, just use your callsign for the nickname when it asks.

#FlexRadio IRC chat

For real-time discussions

SDRgadgets

User-created documentation.
               Volunteer!!

73, Jay - NO5J

• John K0TG
    John K0TG Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Thanks Jay,  I am away from that PC for a few days.  Will try that unless others have an idea too.

Thanks again, John  K0TG
  • Jlawson40
    Jlawson40 Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    John,

Have you got the issue of not creating ports with CAT resolved yet? I'm having the same problem on my laptop running Windows 7. The ports will show up in Device Manager and will show as "selected" in com_name _orbiter_setter. I cannot find any "ghosted" ports even running the procedure outlined in the Help Desk article. They will not show in the CAT panel. I'm at a loss on this one.

Thanks John

John, W8AGS

• Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    John - W8AGS

Re: My previous post in this thread, try the #FlexRadio IRC chat channel.

I'll keep a light on for you!

#FlexRadio IRC chat

For real-time discussions

SDRgadgets

User-created documentation.
               Volunteer!!

73, Jay - NO5J

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.